What is a Homemaking & Companionship?
What is Homemaking & Companionship?
A Homemaker/Companion is a person who helps clients to maintain the home, and who assumes the duties customarily undertaken by the homemaker. A Homemaker/Companion does not render any hands-on personal care to the client. A Homemaker/Companion reports patient concerns to his or her supervisor.
Most people prefer to be cared in the comfort of their own homes for as long as possible, rather than going to nursing homes or other in-patient facilities. The elderly population are increasingly relying on home care. Patients who need assistance with everyday tasks and household chores, as opposed to medical care, can keep their expenses down by employing Homemaker/Companions to help with routine household functions and non-medical care.
Homemaker & Companionship Duties
A Homemaker/Companion does household functions that include housekeeping, cooking, shopping assistance, laundry, and other routine household tasks. In addition to the above, a companion may keep a client company at home or go with the client to appointments or other outings. Some Homemaker/Companions accompany clients to doctors’ appointments or on other errands.
- Maintains the home in an optimum state of cleanliness and safety.
- Provides cosmetic assistance (brushing the client’s hair, assisting with make-up, filing and polishing nails, etc.).
- Stabilizes the client when walking, as needed, by holding the client’s arm or hand.
- Reports notable incidents or changes in the patient’s behavior to the appropriate supervisor.
- A Homemaker/Companion can help seniors to remain independent. The personal connection an elderly person can have with a
- Homemaker/Companion can also prevent feelings of isolation and loneliness. That can make a big difference in a person’s life. It can even help an elderly person avoid deteriorating mentally.
- Seniors who engage in conversation and play games with a Homemaker/Companion tend to stay sharper mentally. Personal interactions can delay the effects of dementia.
If you know anyone or are an individual in need of our services, or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call!
Minnie, Exquisite Care LLC
Phone: 727-220-9720 / 1-888-220-9720
SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG!
Thank you for joining!