DIY Facial Coffee Scrub
Homemade face scrubs are a great way to remove dead skin cells, makeup, minimize the appearance of pores. You know how residue from products can build and leave a filmy coat in your shower? Well this similar thing happen to your face. That’s where face scrubs (preferably homemade face scrubs) like this coffee face scrub come in handy.
This DIY homemade coffee face scrub is an easy, inexpensive, and gentle way to exfoliate your face and add moisture back in. This scrub isn’t just for your face you can use this coffee scrub on your whole body that you may feel need a little TLC. Let’s take a closer look at this homemade face scrub, shall we?
Coconut oil – This ingredient is great for preventing acne and wrinkles. It is a natural moisturizer that your skin will love!?
Coffee – The caffeine in this ingredient has the ability to fight free radicals which can cause your skin to age prematurely. In addition, it has anti-inflammatory properties which can reduce puffiness or redness.
Frankincense essential oil – This ingredient gives this DIY face scrub adds a little something extra. It has astringent properties to tone skin, can reduce the appearance of scars, and promotes the regeneration of cells to reduce the appearance of aging.
If all of that isn’t enough to sell you on this coffee face scrub, you’re also putting something you’d otherwise just throw out (coffee grounds) to good use!! I love when you can reuse and recycle, on’t you?
Try this homemade coffee face scrub today!
1/4 cup coffee grounds
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/8 cup granulated sugar
10 drops of frankincense essential oil
4 oz mason jar
- Add coconut oil to a heat safe container and microwave for 20 to 30 seconds or until melted.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl (coconut oil, coffee ground, frankincense) and mix well.
- Transfer coffee face scrub to a mason jar and seal.
- Wet face.
- Using fingers, scoop coffee face scrub from mason jar and gently rub in c circular motion over face.
- Optional: Let this homemade face scrub sit for a few minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat face dry.
- Follow up with normal face cleaner and moisturizer.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG!
Thank you for joining!