| Prep Time 30 minutes |
Cook Time 35 minutes
Serving Family of 4
4 cups long grain rice,Uncle Bens
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large sweet yellow onion, sliced
5 large carrots, sliced into rounds pieces
4 large celery ribs, diced
2 large green peppers,sliced
1 large red bell peppers, sliced
1 medium cabbage, chopped
a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder, add if needed
2 cans Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes, undrained
1 can Hunt’s Tomato Paste
6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
* *Badia Seasoning as needed for taste
** add sausage or and shrimp, your preference
- Prepare rice according to the directions on the package and set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large soup pot or dutch oven.
- Add onions and salt; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic, carrots, celery, peppers, cabbage, and olive oil if needed.
- Season with salt, pepper, chilli powder
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes; continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil; reduce to medium heat and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; and stir in previously prepared rice.
- Ladle soup into bowl and serve.